Massage is a form of therapeutic touch aimed at improving both mind and body. It uses the hands, fingers, elbows or a specific device. Typically performed while laid or seated on a massage chair or couch.
There are different types of massage therapy. Some massages are soft and gentle, while others are more active, deep and vigorous. The depth and speed depend greatly on its intended use.
Enhancing mood and improving fluids flow throughout the body
Massage Can Be Used For:
Effects on the body:
Muscle, tendon & ligament relaxation
Improve blood circulation
Improved lymphatic drainage
Enhancing the immune system and healing process
Improves pain management
Calming the nervous system
Enhances rehabilitation from injury and addiction
Reduces risks from chronic diseases
Effects on the mind:
Reduction in tension & anxiety
Renewal of energy
Increased body awareness
‘feel good’ factor lessening depression
Lower stress levels, anger and aggression Improved sleep patterns
What We Offer:
Here at Point'z Of Interest we offer the following massage treatments:
Swedish Body Massage
Swedish Body massage uses a standard massage oil (Wheatgerm & Soyabean oil) to invigorate the body. Its techniques vary from light to vigorous and is the most widely recognized and used form of massage in around Europe. It can help reduce pain, joint stiffness, invigorate the nervous system, increase blood circulation, lower stress and improve the mood.
(approx. 15-20 minutes)
(approx. 20 minutes)
(approx. 25-30 minutes)
Full Body: £40
(approx. 60 minutes)
Full Body with Facial: £50
(approx. 60-90 minutes)
In general, massage is very safe, suitable for babies, children, adults and the elderly; it is deemed safe, effective and free from adverse or addictive side effects when performed by a qualified, licensed, registered and insured practitioner. As with all treatments though they are very powerful healing tools and may cause you to experience some mild reactions while the body is rebalancing itself. These common side effects include:
• Dizziness or light headedness as you get up (lowers BP)
• Minor bruising from needle site.
• Petechiae (cupping/ Gua Sha only)
• Cold or flu like symptoms
• Increased toilet habits
• Altered perspiration
• Deep vivid dreams difficulty in sleeping
• Aching and soreness
These reactions are temporary and should clear in 24-48 hours; theses are positive signs that your body has responded to the treatment.
Is Massage safe? What are the Side Effects of treatment?
Contra-Indications. Reasons I can’t have treatment.
With all therapies there will be a few conditions which may limit or prevent treatments from going ahead these include:
• Blood Pressure – treatment may be limited if BP is too Low and Refused if too High for safety reasons.
• Thrombosis / Embolism –if you have a current thrombosis/DVT, a history of Haemorrhage or taking medication for this i.e. Warfarin. Treatment may be limited or refused.
• Epilepsy –No electrical stimulation treatment is allowed.
• Diabetes – treatment can alter the insulin levels so need to be aware and closely monitored. Limited in insulin dependent only.
• Severe bruising – treatment will be limited.
• Inflammation – treatment will be limited.
• Cuts & abrasions– treatment will be limited.
• Recent operations– treatment will be limited or may be refused especially if post-op is less than a month.
• Fractures & sprains– treatment will be limited.
• Infectious skin diseases – treatment will be refused for condition such as: impetigo, shingles, Herpes Simplex, Ringworm, Scabies, Conjunctivitis, MRSA, Warts, Verrucae’s.
• Skin Disorders – treatment will be limited and possibly refused with conditions such as: Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, Acne Vulgaris, Vitiligo, Rosacea, Chloasma.
• Pregnancy – treatment will be refused in the first trimester of pregnancy and limited throughout the second two trimesters.
• Cancer – treatment will be limited.
Please inform the practitioner about any of these conditions at the time of booking.
Some treatments may not be suitable for all; this will be discussed at time of booking. Some treatments could be combined; for a lower price please discuss this with the therapist at booking. Block Booking: All block booking has a 10% discount applied; all purchases of block treatments accept fulfilment of all appointments which can be used indefinitely regardless of outcomes. Please note a 24 hour cancellation policy is in effect. Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice incurs a 50% fee, unattended appointments with no notice incur a 100% fee.